Sweet Treat Time
By Jackie Michel
Image Courtesy of: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F10%2Fpeanut-butter-brownie-surprises.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com%2Fhow-i-almost-killed-my-best-friendtwice%2F&tbnid=-l0c2-7b1uXfuM&vet=12ahUKEwiDgtaK8b_wAhUOFqwKHVsVBmsQMygEegUIARDgAQ..i&docid=b2VuMSHmnlW_5M&w=400&h=400&q=brownies%20surprise&hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwiDgtaK8b_wAhUOFqwKHVsVBmsQMygEegUIARDgAQ
After weeks of savory eats, I decided to try a sweet treat! This week we will be making Brownies Surprise, with easy to find ingredients perfect for any party. Making this baked dessert will take less than an hour, but you do need a real oven in order to make this successfully.
You need: An oven, a cupcake pan, paper cupcake liners to line the pan, a large bowl, a wooden spoon, a hot pad.
- 15oz. Box of Pillsbury Deluxe Fudge Brownie Mix (or similar)
- ⅓ cup very hot water
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 egg
- 12 miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the cupcake pan with the paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, water, oil, and egg.
- Beat the mixture for 50 strokes with the wooden spoon. If you do more, the mixture will be tough.
- Use the batter to fill the muffin cups ⅔ full. Evenly distribute the batter.
- Unwrap the Reese’s cups and press one into the center of each brownie cup until the candy is even with the batter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, but be careful not to over-bake. Remove from the oven with the hot pad.
- Let cool completely, and remove from the pan with cups still on the brownies. Enjoy!