Tragic Car Crash Near Johnson High School

Maria Yesenia Velasquez, Staff Reporter

On Saturday, January 8 two Johnson High School students died in a fiery car crash near Bulverde Road and TPC Parkway near campus. The two students were identified as 17-year-old Ziv Hoodani and 16-year-old Gabriel Lee Juarez. The reason for the crash is unknown at this time.                                                                                                                                            

Students and staff throughout NEISD have been affected by this tragedy. “This accident was eye opening for all young drivers, although we don’t know the cause of the crash we can still learn from this,” said Mercedes Rodriguez (12). 

“Two students’ lives were taken away too early. We should always cherish the moments we spend with each other because you never know what will happen and with that we should always be aware of others while you’re driving, because an accident can happen in a blink of an eye,” said Micaela Williams (11). 

Statistics show that people between the ages of 16-19 have the highest rate of car crashes according to a study conducted by the CDC. As we give our condolences to the friends and families of these students we want to remind young drivers to be safe and aware while on the road.