Off the Chart: New School Rankings Released

Julissa Duran, Staff Reporter

This past Wednesday, KSAT released an article on the top ten high schools in San Antonio, and unfortunately for the volunteers, LEE High School did not place anywhere on the list. The list was created by Niche, a company that uses data from surveys and reviews to rank educational facilities. 

There were three high schools that did place from the NEISD district including Reagan, Johnson, and ISA, ranking of fourth, fifth, and sixth respectively. Both Reagan and Johnson moved up from the rankings they got the year prior in May with Johnson going up five places, and Reagan three. 

When comparing statistics on greatschools.org all three schools outrank LEE in every category. But rather than looking at it as discouragement, students have chosen to look at the school’s current ranking and view it as motivation to further improve. 

LEE’s ranking is 44 in the San Antonio area and 5,966 nationally. While the standing isn’t necessarily ideal, it does leave a lot of room for growth.

Niche won’t be releasing a ranking again till sometime later next year, and more information on the school can be found on https://www.greatschools.org/texas/san-antonio/5050-Legacy-Of-Educational-Excellence-High-School/.