Zombie Bowl: Schedule & Official Rules
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST ATTEND A MANDATORY RULES/INFORMATION MEETING ON THURSDAY, OCT. 28. MORE DETAILS ON THIS MEETING WILL BE SENT BY EMAIL.
Tickets: Participant Ticket- $15
Spectator Ticket- $10
Tickets can be purchased from any Newspaper or Yearbook staff member or in Room 300A
Event Schedule: Check-in & Senior Costume Contest: 5:00-5:30 p.m.
Zombie Tag: 5:30-6:15 p.m.
Trick or Treating, Concessions, Photo Booth: 6:15- 7:00 p.m.
World War Z Screening: 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- This event is for students who are registered at LEE or ISA only. No outside guests will be permitted.
- Tickets will not be sold at the door, they must be purchased in advance.
- Students must arrive and check in by 5:30 p.m. No one will be admitted late.
- Those holding a Spectator ticket may not participate in the costume contest or zombie tag events, they may watch the game and stay for the movie afterward.
- Students must exit the football field and be picked up immediately after the movie ends.
Costume Contest Rules:
- Costume contest is open to Seniors ONLY.
- After checking in and receiving a number participants will proceed to the judging area.
- When it is their turn, participants will do their best zombie walk past the judging table. Judges will record the participants number and a score from 1-10 for each of the judging criteria (costume, makeup, and acting).
- Scores will be totaled and the winner will be announced later in the evening.
Zombie Tag Rules:
- At check-in participants will receive a flag football belt that must be worn securely around the waist during the game.
- Seniors will participate as “zombies” and can be in costume or not.
- 9th-11th graders will participate as “humans”.
- Humans have one “life” represented by one flag on their belt.
- Zombies have two “lives” represented by two flags on their belt (because zombies are harder to kill).
- Participants may not wear their belt anywhere other than their waist and may not hide/tuck in their flags to try to keep them safe.
- Prior to the start of the game zombies will assemble in the circle at the center of the football field. Humans will assemble along the edges of the football field.
- At the starting whistle, students will attempt to capture the flags of other participants.
- When a human loses their flag they are out and must exit the field immediately.
- When a zombie loses both flags they are out and must exit the field immediately.
- Zombies will attempt to tag out all humans.
- Humans will attempt to tag out all zombies.
- In the event that one side successfully wipes out the other, participants will turn on their own kind (zombie vs. zombie or human vs. human until only ONE winner remains).
- Anyone attempting to tackle, hit, kick, intentionally trip, grab onto clothing or otherwise physically engage with other participants will be disqualified and may face disciplinary action.
- If a stalemate occurs (two or more participants who seem unable to tag each other out) the head referee may call a tie or may impose a “sudden death” challenge to end the game and declare a winner.