Skate Club has meetings every Tuesday morning at 8:10 and if you want to join, there’s still time.
Here’s the info you missed:
- The club meets every 1st Wednesday of the month at LBJ skatepark where the park is reserved from 4:30-6 just for Mac Skate.
- You need to be passing all of your classes to be able to skate at LBJ.
- “Skater of the Month” nights are once a month where the entire club gets together to eat pizza and congratulate that month’s best skater. The skater of the month receives a free board.
- The club fee is 15$ and that includes your shirt.
- The original purpose of the club was to show how you can make money off skating.
- You don’t need to know how to skate to join skate club, just grab a board an be ready to learn.
- The more people that join, the cooler stuff the club can do, like bring in guest speakers or go to skate competitions.
- Safety is a big part of skating. If your parents say you’re wearing a helmet, dweeb looking or not, you’re wearing a helmet.
- There’s some paperwork you need to fill out when you join, mainly stating that if you hurt yourself skating, you won’t sue the school.
- MSC has some of the best skaters in NEISD.
If any of this sounds appealing to you, show up to a Tuesday morning meeting at 8:10 and grab an info packet. See Mrs Beres, teacher sponsor, if you have additional questions.