- 3/14 cup flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 + 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
Combine all dry ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream together butter and sugars together until fluffy and light in color. Mix in egg yolk. Mix in pumpkin purée and vanilla extract until well combined.
Slowly pour in dry ingredients, a third at a time. When all the dry ingredients are combined, place dough in the refrigerator and chill for about 45 minutes to an hour.
After dough has chilled, scoop out about 2 teaspoon sized balls of dough and roll in a mixture of white sugar and cinnamon (1/4 cup sugar + 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon). Place balls on a lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
Cookies should be golden brown and springy to touch. This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies.