With Spring Break around the corner there may be a lot of activities that are on your list to do with friends and family, but those plans might be too expensive. If you’re on a budget and don’t want to be a couch potato at home, here are few activities that cost a decent amount of money or nothing at all:
- The Witte museum – on Tuesday’s from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. the museum will offer free admission where you can see cool dinosaur figures and artifacts and an area to go play around with your younger siblings.
On a budget
- The beach– Going to the beach is a good way to spend your break, soak in all the vitamin D, get a tan, or go swimming.
- Go to games (basketball, baseball…) –Going to a baseball game to see the San Antonio minor league baseball team the Missions is a fun way to see a sport over the break. Just wait a few days to get your tickets because the prices will go down for whatever is left over.
- Arts and crafts- Go to Michael’s, Walmart or H-E-B and buy an art kit or just get some paper and some colors and make fun designs or pictures.
- Sightseeing– Go around the state and visit beautiful cities, go to places you haven’t been to before.
- Amusement parks- Go play some games and eat a bunch of food or go visit some animals like the pig race at the carnival.
- Movies- spend up to ten or thirteen dollars to go see the movies coming out during the break.