The Olympics are competitive and a very cutthroat competition. Some people actually from Garner believe they are going to the Olympics. The Olympics is fun and also hard for some people but for others its fun. The winter Olympics were held in Sochi, Russia this year.
The US has so far have won 5 gold medals. Some of the sports are Biathlon, Bobsleigh, Freestyle skiing, Nordic combining, Figure skating, and Ice hockey. The Olympics officially end on February 28, 2014.
“I watched the Olympics, but then I got kind of bored so I went outside.”- Harleigh Watson, 8th. Some people don’t like watching the Olympics because they just think it’s boring. “It’s okay if you like watching sports but I don’t.”- Grace Kim, 7th.
- California Beaches- A very nice hot spot and a great place to go deep sea fishing.
2. South Padre- Ethan Gibbons(8) says the beach is very relaxing.
3. Barton Springs- A fresh water spring and the water is usually 70 degrees, the pool itself is about 3 acres in size.
4. Main Event- A fun filled building from the amazing arcade and bowling alley to the fun filled rope climbing and laser tag.
5. Enchanted Rock- A fun hiking and picnic destination at the bottom of the rock.
Rodeo is a time to have fun and just enjoy life. The San Antonio Stock Show And Rodeo is very traditional in the Texan culture. The rodeo has been around ever since 1869. It’s a amazing, fun, and exciting. The rodeo has many events such as bull riding and petting zoos and much more. Rodeo is a competitive sport which came out of the working practices of cattle herding in Spain. To get in to this exciting event it’s roughly 12 dollars. Griffin Korte(7) says, “I love the rodeo because of very fun rides, like the Gravitron.”
Victoria Bunton (7) says, “Rodeo is okay, it has a lot of animals, and I don’t like animals.”
Make sure to check out Rodeo 2014!