Game (back) On!

Kaitlin Arocho, Staff Reporter

On Friday, August 20, in room M212, the Tabletop Game Club had their first meeting of the year, and their first in-person meeting in over 18 months. The turnout was fantastic, with 24 students showing up to battle it out in their favorite board, card, and RPG games.

Last year there was an attempt to continue the club through zoom meetings while playing online games together, however, by the end of the year the club only had two members due to the difficulty of pursuing the hobby in a virtual format. One of the two students who managed to hang on throughout the pandemic, Elizabeth Baseley (12), will serve as the club’s president this year. 

After ending the year on that note the group’s sponsor, Mr. Eric Glassner said “I was not expecting this many people.” Among those that made an appearance were Kaeli Behar (12) and her friend, Tallisen Smith (12). “I would like to make an investment in the club,” Behar said. In regards to the investment, Behar meant time rather than money, a clarification she felt was needed.

In their most recent meeting, the group focused on selecting officers and what their role in the club would be. But, business was promptly followed by the playing of games!

The club will meet every Friday after school. Running from right after school to 6:00 p.m.. and will be a come and go gathering, meaning that participants can stay for the entire session or not.