2023 Prom Theme Announced

Julissa Duran, Staff Reporter

Friday, January 20 student council announced the theme for this year’s prom: A Night in Olympus. The declaration was made at the Senior Assembly during Lee’s time.

“First we all brainstormed a WIDE variety of themes for prom,” Judith Infante (12), student council secretary, said.”We just shouted them out and once we let all our ideas out we just went through the list and crossed out the ones that were disagreed with by the majority. We narrowed down our options to a small number of themes and from there we chose the top 2 that were really liked. it was really hard to choose but after considering and envisioning the night, we ultimately went with a night in Olympus”

The theme is vastly different from that of previous years. A Night in Olympus allows the students to take a break from the bold and bright colors of Homecoming’s Euphoria, and last year’s Enchanted Forest. The palette is softer and muted with elegant undertones. 

“It’s going to be really cool to see their outfits,” Autumn Howard (12) said.

The prom will be held on April 15 from 7:30 to 11:pm at the Red Oak Ballroom. Tickets will be sold every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from March 27 to April 4 for $40. The price will increase to $45 the week of.

Those wishing to bring an off campus guess must turn in an off campus guest form that can be picked up from the Lee/ISA main office.