1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 (1/2) teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (1/2) cups all-purpose flour
1 (3/4) teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk or almond milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Old-Fashioned Creme Glaze ingredients:
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (use a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan; spray with non-stick spray).
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- Peel and chop apples
- Mix apples with granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- In a separate container (using an electric mixer), beat white sugar and butter together until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract until well blended in
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder and whisk (add to creamed butter mixture when finished and blend it).
- Mix milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the loaf pan; add half the apple mixture; then half the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat the apples into the batter
- Pour the rest of the batter
- Pour the apple mixture(pat lightly) and sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Bake approximately 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of bread.
Old-Fashioned Creme Glaze Directions:
- Mix powdered sugar and milk until well mixed
After Bread is done:
- Let cool for 15 minutes before drizzling glaze.