Cell Phone Tragedy Strikes Man

Sarah Smith
TBS Contributing Writer

A North Texas man was talking on his cell phone on the morning of Dec. 2, and was rushed to the hospital afterwards.
Aron Embry heard a loud “pop” when he ended his call at Ray Elementary in Cedar Hill. Embry only then felt something running down his neck and face; Embry had blood running down the left side of his face.
Embry was rushed to the emergency room and was given four stitches but never complained of hearing loss.
The screen on Embry’s Motorola Droid smartphone, which was only two days old, shattered in his ear. Still functioning correctly and no problems with the battery, family members plan to contact Verizon and the manufacturers of the phone about the incident.
Motorola issued this statement Thursday evening:“Motorola’s priority is, and always has been the safety of our customers, and all Motorola products are designed, manufactured and tested to meet or exceed international and local standards for consumer safdety. We will reach out to the consumer and investigate this thoroughly.”
This same problem has happened before. A 23-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman both suffered from exploding phones. Though this situation usually only happens when the phones are charging, it’s possible even when it’s not charging.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *