New Art Teacher ‘Floats’ to the Rescue

Isabella Geltman, Staff Reporter

Crowded classrooms and packed schedules, the LEE art department has been operating with less than ideal efficiency. However the new art teacher, Leslie Schepp, has stepped in to lessen the teacher workload and improve students’ art comprehension.

While she’s only part time, the difference she’s making has definitely alleviated a lot of pressure across classrooms. Currently floating around rooms, she’s managed to make the most while only being able to take her cart and dedication. “Having smaller classes has been easier, everyone seems friendly so far,” says Ms. Schepp. Although coming the week before Thanksgiving break wasn’t exactly preferred, she and her teaching has been well received across classes.

With almost an entire semester down, students were a bit surprised to receive an unrequested schedule change. Taking their schedule change slips down to a new class and environment, most came with little expectation. But even with this late switch up, students were pleasantly surprised by the new surroundings.

This overwhelming task and a large campus to get used to is daunting but Ms. Schepp seems to adapt quickly. Students are excited to make progress and grow their art skills, even if it’s in a new domain.