Saturday Mar. 22, students from the NEISD high schools competed in the UIL District competition. The school placed 2nd overall.
- Calculator Applications: 5th place-Tristan pace (11).
- Current Issues: 4th place-Patrick Gibbens (12) and 6th place-Dominic Dorsa (12).
- Computer Applications: 1st place-Michelle Navarro (11), 2nd place-Alyssa Parsons (11), and 4th place-Esmeralda Loza (11).
- Editorial Writing: 2nd place-Jacob Dukes (11).
- Headline Writing: 5th place-Kayla Gunn (11)
- Lincoln Douglas Debate: 3rd place-Mitchel Howard (12).
- Literary Criticism: 4th Dana Moore (12).
- Mathematics: 2nd place-Tristan Pace.
- Number Sense: 1st place- Tristan Pace, 2nd place Bradley Schott (11), and 4th place-Stephen Buley (12).
- News Writing: 3rd place-Sarah Morales (12) and 4th place-Jacob Dukes.
- Poetry Interpretation: 4th place-Diamante Martinez (10) and 5th place-Mara Webster (11).
- Prose Interpretation: 3rd place-Sophia Pollock Bernard (10).
- Ready Writing: 3rd place-Brett Skogman (12) and 4th place-Ben Malone (12).
- Biology: 1st place-Dominic Dorsa.
- Chemistry: 1st place-Tristan Pace.
- Science: 5th place-Tristan Pace and 6th place-Dominic Dorsa.
- Spelling and Vocabulary: 6th place- Grayson Magnuson (12).
One Act performers for advancing in their UIL competition with the play Iphigenia to the next round on April 7, at Brennan high school.